If you’re like the majority of consumers you don’t give too much thought to the inner workings of a refrigerator until it stops running, or unless it comes time to replace it. In order to get the most use possible from this kitchen appliance it can be very useful to understand how it keeps food cool—and L&C Virginia Beach Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read below to find out everything you need to know about how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and if it’s the right time to connect with refrigerator repair Virginia Beach.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not too many homes that don’t feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a standard household appliance for many years. A refrigerator stores your food and drinks at the best temperature, in order to prevent rotting and slow down bacteria. The process of refrigeration starts by distributing the heat from inside of the appliance to the outside, relying on the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The parts of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call L&C Virginia Beach Appliance Repair:
The compressor is a combination of a motor and a pump, and it is necessary for circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
A compressor is an important piece of a refrigerator. You should call on a professional company if the compressor is not working.
A refrigerator condenser is found on the rear outside panel of the refrigerator and will help to release the warmth absorbed from within the refrigerator out into the surrounding air.
A refrigerator evaporator is stored on the inside of a refrigerator where it absorbs warmth contained inside of it, effectively lowering the temperature inside the refrigerator.
Right when an evaporator stops working, it’s time to call a professional. Don’t wait until it is too late.
Liquid refrigerant is transported within a capillary tube which acts as an expansion tool to cool the gas, transforming the gas into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat regulates the current temperature throughout a refrigerator, starting the cooling period as it is needed.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to problems. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Virginia Beach for service the moment an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature inside a refrigerator rises higher than the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to begin, and then the next cool down begins. The refrigerator draws in the cold liquified refrigerant, condenses and pressurizes the liquid, and increases the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit directs the warm gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils on the back of the refrigerator, where it comes into contact with warmer temperature in the kitchen and transforms back to a liquified form.
3. The cool liquified gas then continues its journey towards the evaporator component, traveling through the coils within the refrigerator and freezer section.
4. The refrigerant absorbs the hot air from inside the refrigerator, lowering the temperature down to the desired set point.
5. The coolant then evaporates, and turns back to a gas, and then returns to the compressor unit in order to continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often used in quite a few applications and large appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By removing warmth from one place and then distributing it to elsewhere the cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling your home, provides a perfect storage space for food that is perishable, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of a number of different everyday products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require repair? Time to schedule service with L&C Virginia Beach Appliance Repair.
L&C Virginia Beach Appliance Repair can service most major brands and models of refrigerators – including industrial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our licensed technicians in Virginia Beach are trained to repair cooling issues, broken ice makers, issues with condensation, water puddles and leaks, light bulbs, touch controls, smart functionality and numerous other problems. We know refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2021  L&C Virginia Beach Appliance Repair